Does Sleep Apnea Require Treatment?
Is lack of proper sleep interfering with your lifestyle? You need to sleep soundly so you can have the energy you need to get through your workday. Not only will sleep apnea treatment help you with your energy level, but it can prevent other serious problems caused by sleep apnea.
When you momentarily stop breathing at night, you are getting less oxygen to the brain and your body will wake you up so you can start breathing again. The lack of air and lack of sleep start to affect your overall health.
Side Effects of Sleep Apnea
If left untreated, one or more of the following sleep apnea side effects might occur:
- Issues with high blood pressure.
- Greater risk for stroke.
- Heart attack, heart failure, or irregular heart rhythms.
- Higher risk for diabetes.
- Susceptible to depression.
- Complications with ADHD.
Did you know that sleeping with your mouth open can also cause oral health issues? Now is the time to get your sleep apnea treated!
How We Can Help
At Prestige Dentistry, we’ll help you with your specific sleep apnea needs. After an exam, our dentist can fit you with an oral appliance that will help position your jaw during sleep to help you breath easier. Treating sleeping disorders with a sleeping mouthpiece can correct obstructive sleep apnea so you wake up feeling refreshed and energized.
We want you to enjoy the benefits of sleep apnea treatment, which include:
- Feeling happier about your personal relationships.
- Getting through the day without moodiness or irritability.
- Improved sleep that also leads to better weight control.
- Better ability to concentrate during the day.
- Enhanced mental and emotional well-being.
- Decreased risk for more serious problems like heart attack or stroke.
Enjoy the Benefits of Sleep Apnea Treatment in Palm Harbor or Trinity
If you think you might have sleep apnea and would like to know the best treatment, call us today for a consultation. We want you to get back to your busy lifestyle with feeling happy and ready to face the day!