Does your snoring keep your partner up at night? Do you wake up at times throughout the night when your snoring stops you from breathing? At Prestige Dentistry, we can help you stop snoring!
Many factors contribute to snoring, including:
- Narrow airways, enlarged tonsils, or other physical conditions.
- Nasal problems like chronic nasal congestion.
- Tobacco, alcohol, or sedative use.
- Age over 40.
- Family members that passed on their genetics.
Snoring isn’t just loud and disruptive; it can also be a symptom of a more serious problem like sleep apnea. Snoring also leads to dry mouth, halitosis, and tooth decay, among other problems.
How We Treat Snoring
When you visit our office, we give you an exam to determine the exact cause of your snoring, so we can find out the best way to help you. Our most common treatment for snoring is the use of an oral device, or snoring mouthpiece, to provide a larger space in the throat and allow better breathing at night.
A snoring guard is like a sports mouth guard, but made with your comfort in mind. The mouthpiece is designed to wear at night while you sleep and works by gently holding the lower jaw forward. Not only does the guard mouthpiece stop you from snoring, but it can also be an effective sleep apnea treatment for some people.
Some of the reasons our patients like our snoring guards are:
- Wear With Comfort: When you visit our office, we custom-design the mouth guard just for you. You’ll be able to sleep without the appliance keeping you up at night.
- Sleep Soundly: Our patients often notice immediate results with our effective snoring guards. You and your partner can sleep without interruptions from loud snores.
- Easy and Convenient: You can take your appliance anywhere! Whether sleeping at a hotel or at home, the small device is portable and can be easily cleaned with a cleansing solution.
Remember, a poor night’s sleep can impair your mental function, promote weight gain, zap your energy, and lower your oxygen levels. We understand you already lead a busy life, and we want you to have the best sleep possible so you can get through your day with the energy you need.
Stop Snoring Today!
Are you worried that snoring is affecting your lifestyle, or that it may be a sign of sleep apnea? Give us a call today, and we can help you sleep better with one of our snore guards!