Do you have a missing tooth?
Are you considering the types of tooth restorations available?
Do dental bridges in Palm Harbor seem to make the most sense financially?
If you have a missing tooth and want to restore that gap in your mouth, it is important to consider the differences between a dental implant and dental bridges. Dental bridges in Palm Harbor have replaced teeth for generations of individuals. However, they have some drawbacks:
- They are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem—the adjacent teeth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement tooth.
- It is hard to properly clean the small areas under the bridge.
- Dental bridges in Palm Harbor do not protect against bone recession at the extraction site.
Why does a tooth implant have key benefits over a dental bridge?
- It is a 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- It is usually stronger.
- Will curtail the risk of bone recession as compared to a bridge because it replaces the tooth root.
- It is usually easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- They typically last longer.
- Dental implants can support a denture or partial denture.
If you need to replace a tooth, talk to your Palm Harbor dentist about dental financing options. If you elect a dental implant, it will probably be more affordable in the long run.
Schedule an Appointment
If you want to learn more about dental implants, we invite you to call Prestige Dentistry at 727-789-1980 and find out if you are a good candidate. Our staff is known for being compassionate and friendly. Furthermore, our practice is experienced in restoring smiles for patients using advanced restorations. Call today to schedule a dental implant consultation at our Palm Harbor office today.
Contact Prestige Dentistry: