Today’s blog focuses on solutions for missing teeth in Trinity. Imperfections in a smile can make patients feel self-conscious. Understandably, a lot of people in the area want to fix their smile with dentures or dental implants. We’re here to tell you 5 things you should know about dentures:
1. Dentures are not the only replacement option for missing teeth in Trinity. Dental implants used alone or in combination with a partial denture is often a superior option for patients. Whereas a removable appliance replaces only the visible parts of teeth, an implant replaces both the root and crown of a tooth. This has essential implications. Dental implants can prohibit bone recession that often occurs following tooth extractions. Dental implants can provide patients the near-normal ability to chew and talk.
2. There is more than one kind of denture for missing teeth in Trinity. Most men and women are familiar with the removable denture that replaces a complete upper or lower arch. There are also partial dentures that are used for patients who have some remaining teeth. Partial dentures can be anchored in the mouth or removable.
3. Even if you have worn dentures for a while, you may be an appropriate candidate for implant-anchored dentures. The essential factor is whether or not you have enough bone to support an implant. Bone grafting can strengthen existing bone in some cases. Schedule an appointment with Prestige Dentistry to find out if you are an appropriate candidate.
4. Regardless of your tooth replacement configuration—full dentures, partial dentures, or tooth implants—you still need to practice proper oral hygiene. Removable appliances should be cleaned daily.
5. Even if you have no original teeth left, it’s vital that you have biannual dental examination. Optimal oral health is an integral component of overall physical well-being. Prestige Dentistry will examine your mouth for indications of cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, and diabetes. It is also a good idea for your dentist to examine the condition of your appliance at your visit. If you’re hesitant to schedule an appointment, check out our smile gallery! We guarantee you’ll be impressed.
Contact Prestige Dentistry: